Your cart is currently empty!
BENEFITS OF BAMBOO FABRIC
With the planet’s need for us to make more eco-friendly choices around the goods we purchase mounting, bamboo has become an excellent sustainable option for textiles. Not only is this highly versatile natural resource kind to the environment, it is well renowned for producing the softest, irritant free fabric making it an excellent textile choice for babies and toddlers. This article explores the benefits applicable to both.
Benefits for baby:
- Soft, silky and luxurious to the touch : Envelop yourself in truly unparalleled comfort.
- Hypoallergenic : The eco-friendly bamboo fibres do not irritate the skin. Gentler than many manmade fibres, bamboo is a natural solution for those with sensitive skin.
- Breathable and thermo-regulating : Stay comfortable whatever the weather; keeps you cool in summer and warm in winter.
- Appearance : Bamboo looks like expensive Pima or Egyptian cotton and drapes like silk. It has less shrinkage than cotton and does not pill. It has been described as feeling like pure cashmere.
- More absorbent than cotton : Helps to wick moisture away from the skin.
- UV protective : Protect you and your loved ones from the sun’s rays in comfort. soft and silky to the touch wash after wash.
Benefits for the environment:
- Sustainable: Bamboo is amazing – it is one of the fastest growing plants in the world. Once harvested, bamboo can replenish itself within a year and some species grow a whopping 120cm per day! It is a naturally prolific and resilient plant, which does not need fertilisers to boost its growth, or pesticides since bamboo is naturally pest-resistant. This marks it out from cotton or timber, which needs to be replanted at every harvest and requires extensive spraying and watering to achieve optimal growth.
- Eco Friendly : Since bamboo requires no chemicals and very little water to grow, it is an environmental wonder-plant. As if this were not enough, bamboo absorbs more carbon dioxide from the air than either cotton or timber. It also releases more oxygen into the environment which improves air quality. Cotton farming, on the other hand, famously requires extensive irrigation and chemical spraying – a single cotton T-shirt can use up to 2700 litres of water in the growing process! Bamboo is by far the greener option.
- Biodegradable: Bamboo is 100% natural and biodegradable which gives conscientious consumers real peace of mind. Once you have no further use for a bamboo product you can rest easy, knowing that it will return to the Earth leaving minimal environmental impact. Plastic, on the other hand, will continue to clog up the ecosystem for the remainder of your lifetime, your children’s lifetime and your grandchildren’s lifetime. So much better to enjoy a product that has a small environmental footprint and leaves barely a trace.